Registered Charity Number 1008049
Investing in your child's future
Parents and carers are invited to make a contribution to the Charitable Trust once a year during the time that your child is a pupil at the school. There is no set amount, but as a guide we recommend £40 per child, each year (this is less than 80p per week!). You are welcome to pay more or less.
You may be aware of the pressures that schools face in the current financial climate of reducing 'per pupil' 'funding and inevitably this means that cuts must be made. We use the money in the Trust Fund to help improve the facilities available to all pupils by buying extras which the school is not able to pay for. Requests come from all departments within the school, to the Trustees, who then decide how the money should be split.
We have been able to fund items like:
- Lego and Mindstorms for building and programming robots in STEAM Club
- Compost, plants, water butt and garden ornaments for the LRC garden area, a therapy space for students
- USB cameras, isometric pinboards, algebra tiles and badges for maths
- A rap/poetry workshop for students, which aims to inspire and enthuse students before they start their English GCSE course the following year
- Software licence for sequencing music as part of the Year 9 music curriculum
- Donations to subsidise school trips and award prizes
The Charitable Trust is a way of parents helping to enrich the lives of all pupils in a tax efficient way.
Howard of Effingham school administers the donations on behalf of the Howard of Effingham Charitable Trust.
Donating is simple
- The easiest route to donate is through your bank account by standing order. This means that you and we are involved in less paperwork and administration.
- If that doesn't suit you then cash or a cheque is fine and we will remind you each year when payment is due.
- You can also pay direct to the Charitable Trust's bank account, please include a reference of your child's name and Tutor Group and don't forget to complete and send us a Gift Aid declaration.
|Account name||Howard of Effingham Charitable Trust|
|Reference||Child's name & Tutor Group|
If you have any questions please contact Mrs C Taylor, Charitable Trust Administrator, at school.